This sounds absolutely amazing. We've had bacon wrapped figs with goats cheese and last year the Bacon Boys had bacon wrapped dates with a gorgonzola dipping sauce, but I like this idea from all recipes.com
serves around 32 so a good size for Bacon Day
1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half or fourths if it's longer bacon
1 pound pitted dates
4 ounces blue cheese (I think goats cheese or gorgonzola could easily be a great substitute, but not something like cheddar)
optional: roasted pine nuts or macadamia nuts (I'm sure other kinds would also work, but these are my favorites with dates)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Slice dates in half, and open them up or if you are better with a knife, only half of it so that one side is still attached This helps me keep it all together.
3. Pinch off pieces of the cheese, and place them into the center of the dates, along with the nuts if you are using them. Close the halves of the dates, and wrap the sliced bacon around the outside. If you only half way cut the date, try to wrap the bacon along the seem of the date to help keep all the cheesy goodness inside.
4. Secure each one with a toothpick and arrange in a baking dish or on a baking sheet with sides to catch any grease. Having cut the date only half way through, if you keep the open half up, this should help prevent any cheese from falling out.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bacon is crisp. Turn dates over after the first 20 minutes for even cooking.
Alexa and the Bacon Boys