It seems like a natural progression, and an easy enough desert to make, so why not make Bacon Rice Krispies. I heard about this on a new site to me, Pork, Knife, and Spoon. For the Rice Krispy recipe, I use the original.
My recipe -
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- OR -
4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies®
3 - 4 strips of crispy bacon
1. Make crispy bacon and dry off all grease (this will help keeping it all crispy and stick better).
2. In a sauce pan melt butter
3. Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted.
4. Add the Rice Krispies and stir well making sure that they are all coated.
5. Crumble the bacon into small pieces (bacon bit size) and add to the mixture stirring well.
6. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with cooking spray or line with wax paper.
7. Pour/ press the mixture into the pan, and let cool.
8. Cut into squares and serve.