This I think sounds great, (from allrecipes.com) - then again, I did just make my first pate and am excited (but using chicken livers; they are incredibly cheap in Australia).
says serves 2 but if you make it more as an appetizer instead of a meal, it should serve about 6.
1 pound fresh chicken livers
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
4 slices bacon
1. Rinse livers, pat dry.
2. In a small bowl mix the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and add mixture to chicken livers.
3. Coat the chicken livers with the powder and set aside.
4. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown, not too crispy as it will be cooked more later, but long enough so that you have quiet a bit of bacon grease.
5. Remove bacon, leaving bacon fat in skillet, and set aside.
6. Cook coated chicken livers in bacon fat covered over medium high heat until almost done, about 17 to 20 minutes.
7. Add bacon strips and cook together until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
Enjoy; I know I have,
Alexa and the Bacon Boys
p.s. There was one girl who suggested using this for sandwiches as well. That sounds amazing and I think I might have to do that. Another suggestion was to cook it with garlic and mushrooms... I think I'm starting to drool.